The Licensed Unity Teacher (LUT) Program provides the Unity ministry with leaders who are equipped to serve and support a Unity minister and ministry. This program is designed to deepen your understanding of Unity principles and assist you in acquiring leadership training, which will enable you to be a valuable asset to your church community. The use of the title of Licensed Unity Teacher is granted only to those who are affiliated with a ministry recognized by Unity Worldwide Ministries.
Prerequisites for acceptance into the program are:
- Complete 250 hours of Unity’s Spiritual Development Program.
- Be an active member of a Unity church recognized by the Unity Worldwide Ministries.
- Enter into an agreement with your sponsoring minister regarding your future role as a licensed Unity teacher in a specific ministry.
- Mail a Letter of Intent to the Licensed Teacher Coordinator at Unity Worldwide Ministries.
- Have access to a computer and the Internet and have the ability to communicate via email and to open attachments.
- Take and pass a psychological evaluation before beginning the program.
Unity of Richmond members who are moving toward licensing include:
Jenny Duckett has completed the 250 hours required for the Spiritual Education and Enrichment phase of the LUT process.
Susan Moncure has earned substantial hours in the Spiritual Education and Enrichment program.
Edy Bouldin has earned substantial hours in the Spiritual Education and Enrichment program.