In the Community and Beyond our Walls!
“We shall serve for the joy of serving, and prosperity will flow to us and through”- Charles Fillmore
Unity of Richmond offers many opportunities to serve, within our community and beyond our walls. Our Hearts in Action Ministry Teams serve Unity of Richmond, while our Small Group Ministries serve inside and outside our community of faith.
Hearts in Action Ministry Teams
Ministry Teams come together as working teams to fulfill ongoing areas of service within the Unity community. Some groups meet monthly; others meet prior to planned events. These teams allow each person to radiate the joy of Spirit through their spark of indwelling creativity, gift or talent.
Serving on a ministry team can bring great blessings, including new friendships, spiritual growth, and the satisfaction of supporting a sacred work.
Unity of Richmond’s Service Teams
- Prayer Chaplains — The Unity of Richmond Prayer Chaplaincy program is a service ministry that holds sacred space for each member through regular wellness calls, meditations and individual/group prayer support. They nurture the congregation by lovingly listening, making consistent monthly telephone contacts, maintaining confidentiality to prayer requests and celebrating the activity of God in each person.
- Prayer Team — Unity of Richmond’s Prayer Team is an informal, anonymous prayer support network dedicated to holding prayer requests in confidence for congregants each week.
- Interfaith Team — Unity of Richmond’s Interfaith Ministry Team is dedicated to sharing spiritual connectedness with other faith groups, both locally and globally, through fellowship, education and worship opportunities.
- Communications Team — The Communications Ministry Team provides pertinent and up-to-date information through a quarterly newsletter, regularly updated websites, Facebook, Twitter and social media workshops.
- Expressive Arts Team — The Expressive Arts Ministry Team encompasses the creative energies of the performing arts through innovative, non-traditional and creative activities, such as, sacred dance, music, drama, improv, reader’s theater, etc.
- Creative Services Design Team — The Creative Services Design Team empowers, educates, heals, nurtures and inspires the spiritual community by orchestrating joyful Sunday worship services to support the spiritual transformation of every congregant.
- Ushers — Ushers at Unity of Richmond provide loving attention to all congregants by handing out bulletins and other materials, being attentive to the needs of congregants and collecting tithes and offerings during the church service.
- Greeters — Greeters at Unity of Richmond greet each person who enter the doors of the church with a warm, inviting smile and “Welcome to Unity of Richmond.” Their mission is to go the “second mile” with introductions, tours, explanations of the church and facility, hand out brochures and provide invitations to attend classes to newcomers.
- Counters — Counters at Unity of Richmond provide fiscal responsibility for monies collected during Sunday services by copying checks, accurate accounting of monies and security of monies in the church safe by the Board Captain.
- Audio/Visual Team — The Audio/Visual Team at Unity of Richmond enhances the audio and PowerPoint capabilities of the church through preparation and coordination of church services and classes.
- Hospitality Team — Unity of Richmond’s Hospitality Team provides a welcoming atmosphere where members and newcomers interact with one another through food and fellowship.
- Facilities Team — Unity of Richmond’s Facilities Team discerns options for redesigning the church facility through architectural interior design, landscaping, maintenance of the facility, as well as long-range strategic planning.
- De-Clutter Team — The De-Clutter Team is a dedicated, relentless task force that defies clutter to interfere with the spiritual order of Unity of Richmond.